Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Color: Emily's Look - Bright Accessories!

Despite my apparent color-phobia, when the weather turns warm I always like to experiment with a few brightly hued pieces - it just feels right. Luckily, my neutral-esque wardrobe is the perfect backdrop for colorful accessories, and in particular my favorite accessory of all time, THE SCARF. Rarely do I leave home without one wrapped around my neck, stuffed into my bag, tied around my hair, etc. They can be an absolute lifesaver in the city, where constant temperature transitions from the hot, stickiness of the subway to the excessive air-conditioning of my office keep me wrapping and unwrapping all day long. This hot-pinky-orange scarf adds a nice splash of color paired with a black blazer, dark jeans, and a few subtly metallic accessories. Maybe I'm not afraid of color after all... ;)






Scarf: Gap
Blazer: Zara
Jeans: J Brand
Flats: Steve Madden
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
T-Shirt: J Crew
Necklace: H&M
Ring: Club Monaco
Earrings: Forever 21

1 comment: